Everything you need to know to create your own studio space, whether you are starting out at home, sharing with other photographers or investing in your own professional base. In this week’s episode, Gina and Valerie take you on a step-by-step journey through what you need to do from starting out to turning pro.
Dedicated work space
- A regular cafe with wifi that you can go and check emails, process files and find inspiration
- A corner of your bedroom, kitchen that you can use as a regular place to work
- A home office
- A share office
- A share studio
- A studio of your own
Changes in the way we work as photographers over the last 10 years
Options for photographers who want a dedicated space today:
- The contra deal
- Share Studio
- Setting up a studio at home
- Hiring a studio space on job to job basis
- Hire/buy your own studio outright
What do you need to look for in a studio space?
What are some essential things you need in a studio?
Do you need street frontage?
Easy to bump gear in and out
Daylight and blackout studio
Variety of interesting walls and windows as backdrops
Interesting locations nearby
Other creative options
What you need in insurance