You want to use flash. But it’s not just a matter of using the right setting. With the right light shapers, you can make your flash do EXACTLY what you want. In this episode, Gina and Valerie discuss light shapers. Discover what they are, when to use them, and how to get them cheap. Light shapers will transform your shooting and help you use flash the right way, even in daylight. Whether it’s scrims, softboxes or umbrellas, this episode is all you need to know about this awesome tool.
This week’s theme for #ginachallenge is “light shape”.
- How to deal when you do a “trade for prints” job and end up with disastrous hair and makeup? (Thanks for your question Peter)
- Awesome hack from Chris who MacGyvered a treadmill desk (Gina is beside herself!) Here is a shot of it:
Light shapers: what are they – and how can you use them?
- Do you need expensive ones or can you get by with cheapies?
- How to determine the kind of lighting you’re trying to replicate
- What are the different types of light shapers out there and how to use them
- Umbrella ella ella
- The softbox
- A different kind of G-spot – how to use a Grid spot
- The Octabox – no, it has nothing to do with the Octomom
How to combine different types of light shapers.