So you’re into photography and think you might be able to earn some money from it. Whether you want to do it on weekends or full time, you need the right approach if you want to succeed.
Gina and Valerie chat about how to get the right mindset, the essential steps you need to take, how to find time to build your business and the importance to finding your tribe.
Hope you enjoy the podcast.
Sign up to the newsletter for great tips and free Lightroom presets.
Join the dynamic Gold Membership in our Community which delivers monthly tutorials, live mastermind and lots of behind the scenes videos into the creative process.
Shout out to Danette Zak Blog
When to start a business
“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
“Be not afraid of growing slowly. Be only afraid of standing still.” – Chinese Proverb
- Getting your head right first – the importance of self-development
- Play the long game
- You don’t get a six-pack overnight
- Be inspired not jealous of those who have achieved success
- Hone your skills
- Finding time to grow your business
- Pay the rent first
- Find your tribe
- Keep your overheads low
- Start small and rent/borrow/buy as you need
- The basics
- Sell yourself
- Market locally rather than globally then build on that
- Approach local businesses
- Local councils
- Stop comparing your bloopers to everyone else’s highlights reel
- Focus on giving not getting
- Think and Grow Rich
- The Alchemist
- Big Magic
- Steal like an Artist
- 80/20 rule