Street photography is an art unto itself. It’s a lot more than simply sneaking in snaps when people aren’t noticing. If you want to capture a mood or really depict the essence of a place then you should learn from a master.
That’s why we’ve invited world renowned street photographer Valerie Jardin onto the show. Valerie will give you an insight into her secrets to taking great street photography; camera settings; shooting from the hip, how to get really close to strangers to take a shot, the advantages of mirrorless cameras in street photography – and much more.
Gina and Valerie love bringing this podcast to you.
Hope you enjoy the podcast.
Sign up to the newsletter for great tips and free Lightroom presets.
Join the dynamic Gold Membership in our Community which delivers monthly tutorials, live mastermind and lots of behind the scenes videos into the creative process.
We chat about:
- Her secrets to taking great street photography
- Camera settings
- Shooting from the hip
- How she gets really close to strangers to take a shot.
- How many frames do you really need to shoot
- The advantages of mirrorless cameras in street photography ( this convinced Gina to buy a mirrorless camera)
- Valerie Jardins favourite focal length for street photos
- Why her dream photo doesn’t exist
- And lots more amazing insights from one of the best street photographers in the world today.
Street Photography: Creative Vision Behind the Lens (2017).
The Art of Seeing Photographically (2017)
Street Photography: First Steps and Beyond (2016).
Valerie Jardin’s gear
Although Valerie has worked with DSLRs in the past, she now shoots exclusively with mirrorless Fuji
- Fujifilm X100F
- Fujifilm X100T
- Fujifilm XPro2
- Fujifilm X70
- Fujifilm XF 16mm f/1.4 WR
- Fujifilm Fujinon XF 27mm f/2.8
- Fujifilm XF 35mm f/1.4
- Lensbaby Velvet 56
Additional Camera Equipment
- Lensmate thumb grip
- Lucida strap
- LF Photo strap
- Gordy’s camera strap
- ONA Bowery bag
- Cosyspeed Camslinger bag