Ana Brandt is a California based award winning photographer, author, teacher and mother of 3 who has been specialising in pregnancy and newborn imagery for over 18 years. Her classic images for an established and growing A List clientele have appeared in numerous publications, books, websites, and physician offices.
Gina chats to Ana about this awesome niche.
Gina and Valerie love bringing this podcast to you.
Hope you enjoy the podcast.
Sign up to the newsletter for great tips and free Lightroom presets.
Join the dynamic Gold Membership in our Community which delivers monthly tutorials, live mastermind and lots of behind the scenes videos into the creative process.
Ana Brandt is a California based award winning photographer, author, teacher and mother of 3 who has been specializing in pregnancy and newborn imagery for over 18 years. Her classic images for an established and growing A List clientele have appeared in numerous publications, books, websites, and physician offices.
Ana Brandt has been named:
– Parents Choice Awards – Bump Society Fall 2016
– One of the top 19 Photographers in Santa Ana – Fall 2016
– One of the top 5 Photographers in Orange County Fall 2016
– Readers Choice for Parenting Magazine in Orange County Fall 2016
– One of the 50 best photographers of family in the United States.
– One of the 10 best Maternity photographers in the world.
– One of the 10 best photographers in California.
– One of the 50 most inspiring photographers.
– Voted one of California’s Top Newborn Photographers of 2016 by Photography Magazine.
– Began the Maternity Gown Design Revolution by being the first photographer to design maternity gowns specifically for pregnancy sessions. Her first designs were created almost ten years ago. Today her gowns are sold worldwide at www.shopanabrandt.com and dozens of companies have been created designing maturity gowns for Photographers.
Ana has taught in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Italy, France, Mexico, Japan, Peru, the U.K. and Spain.
As an adopted child, Ana has never seen what she looked like as a newborn. She believes you need to create a visual history of your life because “to know where you’re going, it’s important to know where you came from.” Ana’s latest work can be seen in Alicia Silverstone’s new book, The Kind Mama. Lastly you can also find her on her YouTube channel – www.anabrandtvideos.
Event in May www.bellybabybeyond.net
- Leaving a well paid job to pursue a career in photography
- What character traits do you need to be a great newborn photographer?
- Why babies?
- The importance of creating unique images for each shoot
- Lighting and lens choice