What are the best photography investments for 2018? If you want to make sure that your photography gets to the next level this coming year, then this episode is a must-listen.
Gina and Valerie discuss the 5 essential investments to consider.
Gina and Valerie love bringing this podcast to you.
Hope you enjoy the podcast.
Sign up to the newsletter for great tips and free Lightroom presets.
Join the dynamic Gold Membership in our Community which delivers monthly tutorials, live mastermind and lots of behind the scenes videos into the creative process.
1. Give yourself the gift of being prepared
How to be ready when opportunity knocks
- Kit is packed ready to go
- Packed the same way every time.
- Train regularly for every scenario
- Spending your lazy afternoons working out “What does this button do?”
- Shooting regular folio
- Train your muscle memory
- Photo speed drills (like training for sport)
2. Invest in your education not gear
- It’s pointless owning a Maserati if it sits in your driveway or you only drive it in first gear.
- Investing in quality education with quality training + regular feedback was a game changer.
- Find someone whose work inspires you and who has industry experience and teaches in a style that resonates with you.
- Find the right books, courses, workshops
3. Fill your creativity bank daily and avoid drainers
- There are some activities that drain you.
- An easy way to tell is to check in with yourself during and after. How do you feel?
4. Give yourself the gift of time
- Map out an hour or 30 mins a day and guard it with your life
5. The Nutella jar is always half full
- Focus on the positives
- Measure how far you have come