What are the big trends in photography for 2019? And which ones should you incorporate into your own work? In this episode, Gina and Valerie discuss what you needs to be aware of and much more!
Gina and Valerie hope you enjoy the podcast.
Sign up to the newsletter for great tips and free Lightroom presets.
Join the dynamic Gold Membership in our Community which delivers monthly tutorials, live mastermind and lots of behind the scenes videos into the creative process.
Trends for 2019
- DSLR is becoming a niche but is still king amongst pro commercial shooters.
- Video is the new black
- Minimalism gives way to more detailed landscape images
- Candid or documentary style portrait and wedding photography is becoming mainstream
- Over staged/set up images give way to natural looking authentic images
- Vertical images are making a comeback
- proposal shoots
- divorce shoots
- doco style
- authentic moments
- Still, life/food imagery gets dark and moody
- Tech-free/alternative/nostalgic/green imagery
- Authenticity, inclusion, diversity
- Colour trends – Coral