If you want to succeed as a photographer, you need to make sales. Sometimes that can make you feel uncomfortable, especially if selling is not in your wheelhouse.
In this episode, we chat to Shawna Beckmann about how to overcome your fear of selling. We cover: Why is it so difficult for many artists to sell their work? What is the biggest mistake photographers make when they are trying to sell their work or services? How do we separate selling our services or work from selling ourselves and how not to take it personally?
One of the biggest hurdles many up and coming photographers face is getting a foot in the door and offering to work for free or super cheap. How do they get out of that mindset? How do we find clients that value what we do?
Gina and Valerie hope you enjoy the podcast.
Sign up to the newsletter for great tips and free Lightroom presets.
Join the dynamic Gold Membership in our Community which delivers monthly tutorials, live mastermind and lots of behind the scenes videos into the creative process.
Selling is an important part of running a successful photography business, but the thought of selling causes anxiety and fear amongst many photographers. In this episode, Valerie and I chat with Shawna Beckman, a leading sales coach for creative services who want to get paid without feeling like a pitch.
She helps them communicate more effectively, using her A.S.S. framework, Shawna is a leading sales coach for creative services who want to get paid without feeling like a pitch. She helps them communicate more effectively, using her A.S.S. framework, so they can earn cash and serve clients on their own terms.
Her unique experience working in crisis call centers has revolutionized how creative services understand and implement their own sales strategy so they can earn cash and serve clients on their own terms.
- How Shawna honed her selling skills working for an organ tissue donation company.
- Ways we are all naturals at selling and do it in our day to day lives
- How do creatives overcome their fear of sales
- The importance of finding the right clients
- Why selling feels weird when you’re selling the wrong thing to the wrong people
- The right and wrong way to sell yourself
- The importance of the right language when selling creative services
- How to sell your work or services as you go about your day to day lives
- How to develop your confidence and selling muscle
- One thing to say when a conversation feels awkward
- The importance of focusing on the work and not the final outcome
- Why competing on price is a no-win option
- What are the most common mistakes creatives make in the negotiating process?
- How to negotiate with confidence
- The one thing you can do today to grow your business.
Products/workshops: download the audio and ebook called “the perfect package” and learn to book dream clients within 30 days without compromising price, purpose, or creative process bit.ly/theperfectpackage