Discover how to go from amateur to fully-fledged pro photographer in less than three years. That’s exactly what Andy Macpherson did and he shares his journey in this episode.
Andy reveals: what to say to prospective clients, how to price yourself as an emerging photographer, pre-visualising your shots, camera angles and more. He walks-through a shoot and shares his thoughts on pre-production, gear choices and lighting styles.
Gina and Valerie hope you enjoy the podcast.
Sign up to the newsletter for great tips and free Lightroom presets.
Join the dynamic Gold Membership in our Community which delivers monthly tutorials, live mastermind and lots of behind the scenes videos into the creative process.
Andy Macpherson went from emerging to highly sought after photographer in just 3 short years. This is an amazing accomplishment in such a competitive industry.
In this conversation, Andy shares his step by step approach to achieving this and includes:
- The importance of finding your niche
- How to approach prospective clients, what to say and why
- How to price yourself as an emerging photographer
- Developing long term relationships
- Previsualising your shots
- The language of camera angles
- The importance of seeing and understanding light
- The importance of understanding your building and showing the character and personality of a space
- Andy also walks us through a shoot and shares his thoughts on pre-production, gear choices and lighting styles
Andy is an AIPP (Australian Institute of Professional Photographers) Accredited Professional Photographer working in Byron Bay and throughout South-East Queensland. Andy combines his passion for photography and architecture to produce beautiful, honest imagery. Andy’s work is consistently published in local and international magazines and architectural journals.
With most of Andy’s professional experience being apart from the architectural world, Andy has an outsider’s perspective that gives a freshness to his work. A fast adapter, he has quickly gone from unintentionally breaking the rules to consciously making strong artistic decisions.
Technically-minded, Andy is up-to-date with current post-production techniques in this highly-skilled genre of photography. Andy delivers exceptional results time and again combined with an approachability, warmth and professionalism from broad industry experience.