“As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” Fuji x100f +Godox AD200 and @garyfong Lightsphere
Ep 252 is out!
This week @valeriekhoo and I discuss techniques you can use to take more meaningful, authentic and memorable photos.
A great portrait is so much more than nailing the lighting and focus. If you want to take your portraits next level then you want your images to have the x-factor or soul. The stuff nobody really talks about much.
How many images have you seen once and still think about years later? Why is that?
I can guarantee it had nothing to do with the lighting, pose or model.
Some of the topics discussed include
* Remember that one size doesn’t fit all.
* Photograph the person, not the style
* Find a background that supports what you are trying to say
* Light in a style that flatters or brings out the features of the person you are photographing
* Pose the person in a way that suits their body type and personality.
* Learn the art of natural posting and give your model the confidence to “own’ the pose
* Learn the art of posing different body types
* inauthentic poses
* Keep poses simple
* Learn to read non-verbal cues
* Matching energy
* Master one go-to set up you can do confidently as a starting point.
* Be decisive and confident.
* Connect and be authentic, talk open up be authentic
* Watch out for the moments between frames
* Learn how to get rid of photo face
Want to improve your photography? I'd love to work with you. Check out my Gold Membership, I've created hundreds of tutorials which share all my lighting, posing and editing techniques. We also have a members forum, video photo critiques each month and a live "Ask me anything”
Gina Milicia is one of the most widely known and respected photographers in Australia. She is the master of capturing that ‘magical moment’...