You have questions! And we have answers. Thanks to everyone in the listener community on Facebook.
In this episode we talk about: what does good street photography look like? How to wrangle 10 puppies for a photo shoot, getting more clients for car photography and how to compose a photo.
Gina and Valerie hope you enjoy the podcast.
Sign up to the newsletter for great tips and free Lightroom presets.
Join the dynamic Gold Membership in our Community which delivers monthly tutorials, live mastermind and lots of behind the scenes videos into the creative process.
Sue Morris: Like you, Gina Milicia, I bought a little Fujifilm mirrorless for travelling with last year and took great pains to attach the strap correctly. However, I was out practising with the camera one day when one end of the strap came completely undone! It was just lucky I was holding the strap at the time or the camera would have fallen on the ground. So I went and bought one of these straps and it’s brilliant. It comes with two sets of the little “toggle thingies” so I keep one set on my Canon and the other on the Fuji and can use the strap on either and know it’s safe and secure.
- Take a camera with you everywhere and shoot shoot shoot!
- Learn to recognise good/interesting Light
- Find a great background or stage
- Focal length ( get close to the action)
- Fast shutter speed
- Get super close
- small light cameras
- fast wide lenses 50 and under rather than zoom
- Higher aperture f5.6 or higher sharper images with more detail
- phone cameras
- mirrorless cameras
- no tripod
- tape up logos
- no flash
- a small bag for all your bits
- Shoot from the hip
- Pre-focus your camera a few feet in front of you and then set it to manual focus
- Shoot wide
- Fast shutter speed 1/250th sec or higher
- Crank up the ISO
- If you are using an iPhone put your buds in and use the controls to release the shutter, it looks like you are just listening to music
GETTING MORE PAID SHOOTS
Start with relationships
Work for folio
Share your work in car enthusiast groups
HOW TO SHOOT A GROUP OF PUPPIES?
Look for good daylight
Allow lots of time
Running towards you in a line
Eating in a line