Gina shares her honest review of Luminar which, if you haven’t seen it yet, is like filters on steroids. To be fair, it’s a lot more than that. Luminar can be used as a stand-alone app or as a plugin to Photoshop or Lightroom. You’ll discover what you can do with Luminar and Gina shares some smart hacks where you can incorporate it into your workflow. Gina and Valerie also discuss strategies you can start using today to improve your confidence as a photographer.
Gina and Valerie hope you enjoy the podcast.
Sign up to the newsletter for great tips and free Lightroom presets.
Join the dynamic Gold Membership in our Community which delivers monthly tutorials, live mastermind and lots of behind the scenes videos into the creative process.
Gina does a review on Luminar
Confidence vs Arrogance
10 Things you can start doing today to improve your confidence
- Shoot every day.
- Show your work to photographers/artists you respect and get honest feedback
- Stop comparing yourself to others.
- Enter competitions
- Remember why you wanted to become a photographer in the first place.
- Get paid.
- Do a workshop with a photographer you respect. This can be in person or online
- Listen to people’s stories. How did they get where they are?
- Track your progress.
- Push yourself to try new things. Happiness is at the end of your comfort zone.
- Walk tall and breathe
- Keep a shot list so you don’t forget what you need to do
- Keep a cheat sheet of important things you need to remember
- Check focus
- Check exposure
- Check composition
- Check background
- Check for shadows
- Check for wrinkles stray hairs etc.
Join the So you want to be a photographer: Podcast community
Connect with us on Instagram @valeriekhoo @ginamilicia