Go on a “start to finish” journey of a photograph, from conception to composing, shooting, directing, lighting, right through to Lightroom adjustments and Photoshop post-production. Gina and Valerie discuss a character portrait of a wizened man in Cuba smoking a car, taking you through every step of the process. In this special episode, you can follow along via video.
Gina and Valerie hope you enjoy the podcast.
Sign up to the newsletter for great tips and free Lightroom presets.
Join the dynamic Gold Membership in our Community which delivers monthly tutorials, live mastermind and lots of behind the scenes videos into the creative process.
In this episode we breakdown the detailed steps to create a character portrait
That you can follow along via video
- How to fail-proof your Lightroom catalogues
- How to speed up lightroom workflow
- My thought process on finding great locations for character portraits
- Posing and directing strangers
- Lighting with off-camera flash
- Editing a portrait for maximum impact
- Rescuing highlights
- Enhancing shadow detail
- Reducing noise
- Adding a smoke overlay
- Fail-proof LR catalogues
- Best external hard drive
- SSD (Solid State Drive)
- Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD, SDSSDE60 1TB, USB 3.1, Type C and Type A Compatible, Speeds up to 550MB/s, IP55 Dust-Water Resistance, 3Y, Black (SDSSDE60-1T00)